Collegians adheres to the National Privacy Principles aimed at ensuring the information the Club holds about people is managed responsibly. All information collected by Collegians is protected by the Privacy Act 1988. Information will only be used for the purposes for which you have provided it. Personal information will not be used for any other purpose, and will not be disclosed except where authorisation is given or required by law. Employees of Collegians are subject to the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1998. This Act lays down strict privacy safeguards which the club must observe in handling personal information. More information about the Privacy Act can be obtained from the Privacy Commissioners web site at www.privacy.gov.au.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information concerning you as an individual
This includes name, age, gender, address, telephone, mobile, fax, e-mail, social networking contact details, proofs of identity and address, copies of passports, driving licences, card and other payment details, and member number, and any other information provided to us by or in relation to you.
In some instances it may be necessary to collect “sensitive information”, such as your religion and details of medical, dietary, mobility or factors relevant to your booking. As we are required by law to obtain your consent to the collection of “sensitive information”, we will assume, that when you provide such information to us, you have consented to our collection and use of it In accordance with this policy.
Any information (including your social media user details, feedback, comments and photos) you post on our social media channel or any forum which relates to us.
Website usage information
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
This section outlines the ways in which we may collect or generate personal information concering you:
- Forms completed by you when: joining our club, entering promotion or giveaway, contacting club for information/ enquiries subscribing to receive marketing communication, submitting a job application, reporting an incident
- When using your membership card: data is gathered at each point you swipe or insert your membership card in the gamining machines, when making any purchase (food, beverage, raffle tickets or gift shoppe purchases) and at the member kiosk throughout our various clubs, including but not limited to Collegians Wollongong, Collegians Balgownie, Collegians Port Kembla Leagues club, Red Dog on the Green.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION IS USED
Collegians respect your privacy and will not disclose or share your information with third parties unless for legal obligations or you have specifically consented us to do so. We will however, use your personal information to:
- Complete transactions
- Deal and resolve customer enquiries or complaints
- For direct marketing purposes, when we have optained consent
- To contact you for prospective employment opportunities
- Legal obligations, in accordance with the Registered Club Acts 1976
- User Generated Content, when your permision has been obtained
- Manage and improve our business
- Record keeping
- Communication with you
- Reporting information
- Operate our website
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only disclose your personal infromation to other organisation when, you have expressed consent or we are required or authorised to do so by law.
Your information remains uder Collegians control at all times and employees and other persons who may have access to your information are bound by specific confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements.
All members' information that has expired including temporary membership information is retained/ disposed of as required by s31 of the Registered Clubs Act 1976.
ACCESS & QUALITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Collegians ensure that your personal information will be kept up to date and should you wish to update your information at any time, please contact club reception or admin.
If for any reason you wish to be removed from Collegians mailing lists, you can do so by selecting the opt out option on email and mobile messaging or by contacting Club Administration.
CHANGES TO THIS STATEMENT