IMPORTANT NOTICE: Corona Virus Update - Adjustments being made to Collegians venue
This page has been created to keep our members, guests & staff up to date on development & changes to the activities and services being provided by Collegians to comply with official NSW & Federal Government restrictions.
MONDAY MAR 23RD
In accordance with the NSW and Federal Government restrictions on non-essential businesses Collegians have today closed their doors until further notice.
THURSDAY MAR 19TH :
In accordance with the NSW and Federal Government restrictions on non-essential, indoor gatherings of more than 100 persons and in consideration with the 1.5m social distancing recommendation we have made the following actions:
- Reassessed the patron capacity of each area within the club & reduced the seating capacity to ensure a 1.5m distancing between seating groups.
- Displayed signs re-enforcing the safe social distance of 1.5m
- Switched off every second gaming machine
- Until further notice, all functions that are likely to feature unsafe distancing have been cancelled.
WEDNESDAY MAR 18TH:
Adjustments have been made at our Collegians venues to help stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and are needing to make changes on how our business would normally run including adjusting non-essential gatherings.
It is with regret that at this point in time we are CANCELLING the following activities effective immediately:
- All Raffles
- All Bingo games
- All Poker games
At this stage, we will be re-introducing these promotions come Tuesday 31st March. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with Government health and workplace advice and will update you with any significant developments.
FRIDAY MAR 13TH
To keep our member, guests and staff updated with development and changes to any Collegians activities or services we have created this page to communicate our actions in response to the Collegians has closely been monitoring the situation and are staying up-to-date with official Health & Workplace advice provided by the Australian Department of Health and NSW Health.
The well-being of our Collegians Employees, Members & Guests is important to us, and we are fully committed to keeping our community safe. With this in mind, we are making some adjustments at our Collegians venues to help stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
While we have always maintained strict hygiene practices and cleaning standards across our venues, as an extra precaution, we have made some adjustments at each of our clubs to better protect our members, guests & employees. Here are just a few of the actions that we’re taking:
- Clean “high touch areas” at least every hour of trading, including gaming machine buttons, stair railings, lift buttons, bathrooms.
- Make available antiseptic wipes at gaming machines and instruct players to wipe down the machine before and after use.
- Remove food and dining that are likely to be touched by many people, including our salad bar.
- Hand cutlery wrapped in a serviette to a patron, rather than leaving cutlery at tables or in collection trays or buckets.
- Introduce laminated menu’s across all areas
- Encourage the use of tap-and-go or pay-by-point payments where possible.
- Include hand sanitisation devices throughout the club.
While we have not yet experienced any confirmed cases in any of our venues, or within the greater Wollongong community, we will maintain our approach in providing a clean & safe environment for our community and will continue to monitor the situation in line with Government health and workplace advice and will update you with any significant developments.
Thank you for your understanding. Stay healthy and take care.